Now let’s get started with first things first
- Start by getting Windows 8 installed. Windows 8 apps require the Windows 8 API for design and testing. Luckily as a startup you can get Windows 8 for free by subscribing to our dedicated startup program BizSpark.
If you are not eligible to BizSpark you can also download the free 90-day trial.
- Next you need Developer Tools. And we have the best tools for the job J. As a Startup, you get access to our professional level tools for free with BizSpark.
- Download Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8 through BizSpark MSDN subscription
- Now for the fun part! Build and Test your App
Before you start developing, watch this short video. It shows you the cool features and design principles behind Windows 8 apps.
Special resources for startups:
- Download the Getting Started Guide.
- Find a helpful overview on the Windows Dev Center. Including learning tools, code samples, templates and more.
- Try a Hands-on Lab with exercises to get you started.
- Windows 8 app developer blog – Insights on building Metro style apps for Windows 8, by the Windows 8 engineering team.
- Info on Debugging and Testing Windows 8 Apps.
- eBook on building Windows 8 Apps.
- 3. Moment of Truth: Sell your App in the Windows Store!
As a BizSpark startup, you can publish in the Windows Store for FREE!
And Windows Azure (the hosting platform) is for free too (up to about 20.000 DKR) !!!! Sign up via your MSDN subscription with Bizspark.